January Food Adventures Part 2: All Pinoy Kamay Kainan

About 90% of the reviews I've read about this restaurant is not very encouraging. I've read people complaining about badly prepared food, unruly staff, slow service, etc. There are countless anecdotes of people's bad experiences in the different branches.

Well, I couldn't care less about the reviews. It's a buffet! Who doesn't love buffets?

My boyfriend took me to Kamay Kainan in West Avenue for an early lunch last January 7. The experience wasn't so bad at all. Sure it took a while for the waitress to deliver our bill, but other than that everything else was A-okay.

The food wasn't so bad either. It's an all-Filipino buffet and you'll find classics like pork sinigang, beef nilaga, fried tilapia, binagoongan, lechon paksiw, pinapaitan, and the likes. Even their desserts are all-Filipino down to the dirty ice cream which I unfortunately didn't get to try. I enjoyed their ginataan immensely, 'though.

I read somewhere that they had a 2-hour maximum stay rule so leisurely eating may be out of the question. At less than 300Php (including refillable iced tea), however, it just might as well be worth the 2 hours maximum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment