April Foo(d)'s: Baguio Favorites

Since it was summer, one of the most obvious places to go to to cool things up is Baguio.

I don't normally attempt the travel to Baguio during the sunny seasons and squeeze in with all the tourists. I only went because it was my boyfriend's sister's graduation.

So while in there, we took the time to visit old favorite places to eat.

Steaks and Toppings

I've already blogged about Steaks and Toppings before, but it would seem that a trip to Baguio is not complete wqithout visiting this place.

It's still easily one of the must-visit places to eat in Baguio.

Forest House

This is another old favorite that I've blogged about before.

Forest House will forever be one of the most memorable places for me. It's where my boyfriend took me for our very first dinner date.

They offer a wide variety of mostly Western dishes. This one's pork with apple sauce served with mashed potato and buttered vegetables.

This tender and mouthwatering ribs is so melt-in-your mouth.

Sizzling Plate

This is a bit more upscale version of Steaks & Toppings, but still an affordable place to satisfy your cravings for steaks.

A classic favorite, this Salisbury is served topped with sunny-side up egg.

If you're not much into beef, they also have other sizzling plate dishes you can choose from like the double pork chop (top) or opt for a hearty sizzling boneless bangus (above).

A meal in Sizzling plate is not complete without a dessert. Their sans rival is one of the best.

Good Taste

If you're on a tight budget and you're feeding a group of people or you simply have the appetite of 10, the Good Taste is the place to go.

You're sure to get really full even on a tight budget. Their single serving is usually good for 2 to 4 people.

O Mai Khan

I thought this old favorite had already closed down until my last trip when I found out they simply moved to a bigger space. The restaurant used to be located near Rizal Park but is now along upper Session road.

O Mai Khan offers probably the most affordable Mongolian buffet in town. It's a make-your-own bowl buffet: start by picking out what kind of meat you want in your Mongolian barbecue (choose from chicken, beef, pork, and liver), then move on to the veggies (you can get as much as you want), then choose from the over twenty condiments to flavor your bowl.

Just let your imagination run wild with this buffet.

It was too bad I didn't get to take pictures of the food or the new place (because I was already so hungry), but I'll make sure I'll get some next time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment